In a posting on Facebook the Texas Roadhouse said they’re open for business, just 24 hours after fire shut them down
Don’t forget to call ahead tonight to Texas Roadhouse in Bear because we are OPEN! After a long 24 hours recovering from a minor fire, we were able to open at 3:30 pm today!
We want to thank all of the Texas Roadhouse employees for being so amazing, supportive, and for rallying around us! Thank you to the community who has shown such love and support! Thank you to all of the fire fighters and other community helpers who came out to help us get back up and running! We cannot thank you enough, and we are so proud to be a member of this community! Thank you again,
Joe and Kineta Russo and the Texas Roadhouse Family!
Please note we will be offering a limited menu today and will not have fried items, burgers, or ribs. Hope to see you soon!
Bear – At around 3:20 p.m. this afternoon, March 17, 2017, fire broke out at the Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse on Route 40 (Pulaski Highway) , in Bear. The fire started in the kitchen area
according to an employee of the restaurant.
The employee said that the fire started in the kitchen which activated the fire suppression system. Most of the fire was out when fire crews arrived on scene but part of the roof was still smoldering add the employee.
State Police and fire crews from several area fire companies responded and quickly brought the blaze under control. Around fifteen employees left the building in a hurry, many leaving their belongings inside as the fire crews brought the fire under control.
Fire crews had to punch a whole in the roof to get to the fire but for the most part the exterior of the building was intact.
The employees gathered outside were soon joined by coworkers that were showing up for their St. Patrick’s Day evening shift.
It’s not clear how badly the interior of the building or how long the popular steakhouse will be closed.
Christiana Fire Company, New Castle County Paramedics, Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder, Wilmington Manor, Fire Police and State Police responded. Delmarva Powers was on scene to cut power to the building.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this afternoon’s fire in Bear, Delaware that heavily damaged a restaurant was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael G. Chionchio,
Chionchio said that Deputy fire marshals were called to investigate a fire inside the Texas Roadhouse located at 250 Buckley Boulevard, near Pulaski Highway, after firefighters extinguished a fire inside the occupied restaurant shortly after 3:30 pm.
After conducting the origin and cause investigation, the fire was determined to have started inside the ventilation duct work above the kitchen. Grease had ignited inside the duct work causing flame damage to the roof, said Chionchio.
Fire damage was estimated at $80,000. There were no reported injuries.