Cecil County, Md. – Yesterday, 10/14/2017, at approximately 1:13 pm firefighters form the Rising Sun Volunteer Fire Company responded to the unit block of Cantebury Court in Colora for reports of a garage on fire.
Arriving crews found a detached 40′ x 32′ shed with fire showing. It took 25 firefighters about an hour to bring the blaze under control. Investigators with the State fire Marshal’s Office said that the fire was caused by sparks from a metal grinder that ignited combustibles including wood.
The owner was grinding metal on a car door and later observed smoke and flames coming from the shed, said officials. A 1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am was inside the shed. The shed and all contents, valued at approximately $80,000, are considered a total loss.
Image Credits: Maryland Fire Marshal