**UPDATE** Conowingo Dam Officials confirmed that they have 18 gates open and the river has crested and things are trending down!! Continue to follow us for more updates!! @CecilCoGov @CecilSheriff @CecilCoHealth @ExelonGen pic.twitter.com/mhEXBTpU5P
— Emergency Services (@CecilCountyDES) July 27, 2018
Data indicates the river has peaked, and we’ve lowered two crest gates at Conowingo Dam. As of 11pm EDT on July 26, 18 gates are open.
— Exelon Generation (@ExelonGen) July 27, 2018
NOAA Weather Alert
The Flood Warning continues for the Susquehanna River – Below Conowingo Dam affecting Cecil and Harford Counties
The Flood Warning continues for The Susquehanna at Conowingo Dam.
* At 4:30 AM Friday the stage was 24.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 23.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river should crest early this morning then slowly fall, however, there can be fluctuations depending on coordinated releases from the dam.
* Impact…At 24.8 feet…Backyards and basements on Main Street and Tome`s Landing begin to flood.
* Flood history…This crest compares to a previous crest of 25.5 feet on Jan 10, 1998.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST LOCATION STG STG DAY TIME CREST
Conowingo Dam 23.5 24.57 Fri 4 AM 25.6 Fri 6 AM
Instructions: SAFETY MESSAGE…Do not attempt to drive through flooded areas. The water may be deeper than you think.