Malfunctioning Lamp The Cause Of Hockessin House Fire, $150,000 In Damages

File

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that last night’s house fire in Hockessin was accidental, according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox.

Fox said the Hockessin Fire Company was alerted to a fire in the 1100 block of Old Lancaster Pike, shortly after 7:00 Tuesday evening.

Firefighters from across New Castle County and Chester County, Pa. responded to the 1100 block of Old Lancaster Pike to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the residence.

Investigators from the State Fire Marshal’s Office, called to the scene to conduct an investigation, determined that the fire originated in the second-floor bedroom and was caused by a malfunction of a lamp.

The fire heavily damaged the residence and caused an estimated $150,000 in damages, Fox said.

The residents were not inside the home when the fire started and no injuries were reported. The couple displaced by the fire is staying with relatives.


Sign In For Unlimited Access

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and choose a subscription to continue reading.

Register


About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →