House Fire Near Hockessin Causes $50,000 In Damage

File

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this morning’s house fire in Wilmington, DE was accidental, according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox.

Fox said the Mill Creek Fire Company was alerted to a fire in the 300 block of Mitchell Dr., in the Mitchell Estates neighborhood, shortly before 4:30 AM. Fire apparatus arrived with heavy fire and smoke coming from the second floor of the residence. Surrounding Fire Departments were called to assist.

Investigators from the State Fire Marshal’s Office were called to the scene to conduct an investigation. Investigators determined that the fire originated in the second-floor bedroom and was caused candles igniting combustibles.

The fire heavily damaged the residence and caused an estimated $50,000 in damages.

No one was injured in the fire.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →