Officials Update House Trailer Fire Near Rehoboth Beach

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that yesterday’s fire near Rehoboth Beach, Delaware that damaged a house trailer was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the blaze, reported around 12:00 pm occurred in the 19000 block of Sea Air Avenue in the Sea Air Village. The Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company arrived on the scene with an active fire inside a house trailer.

A 30-year-old male resident was transported to Beebe Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. He was treated and admitted to the Crozer Chester Medical Center in Upland, Pennsylvania and was listed in stable condition. A second patient, a female occupant was also transported to Beebe Hospital to be medically evaluated.

Deputy State Fire Marshals were called to the scene and conducted the investigation. A candle inside the living room ignited nearby combustibles starting the fire. Dwellings on both sides of the burning trailer were also damaged.

Heavy fire damage was totaled at an estimated $50,000.

Breaking Report

Rehoboth Beach – Just after 12:00 this afternoon firefighters from the Rehoboth Beach, Indian River, and Lewes Fire Companies are were dispatched to the 19000 block of Sea Air Avenue in SEA AIR VILLAGE, for reports of a structure fire.

Reports from the scene indicate that the structure was fully involved upon arrival and that at least one person was trapped inside the home.

Developing

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →