Fire Damages Middletown Home Early Tuesday

Additional details may be available in the Facebook Fan Group or on the Supporter News Page.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this morning’s house fire in Middletown was accidental, according to Chief Deputy Robert Fox.

Fox said the Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown was alerted to a fire in the 300 block of New Street shortly before 3:00 AM. Upon the arrival of the Fire Department, the residence was fully involved by fire. Firefighters from several additional fire companies also assisted with the fire.

Deputies from the State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene and determined that the fire originated in the living room of the residence and was caused by an electrical malfunction.

No one was injured. Damage to the home is estimated at approximately $100,000.

Facebook Comments

Sign In For Unlimited Access

Please Log in, or sign up for a new account below to continue reading.

Register

Support Us On Facebook

Facebook Supporter


About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →