Investigator Release Details In Saturday’s Talleyville House Fire

DelDOT

Subscribe

A fire inside a Talleyville, Delaware house this morning has been determined to be accidental in nature by the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the Talleyville Fire Company was dispatched to the fire shortly after 9:00 am in the 300 block of Brandywine Boulevard near the Concord Pike. Firefighters arrived on the scene with smoke pouring from the home. One person had exited the home without injury. There were no reported injuries.

Deputy fire marshals responded to the scene to conduct the investigation. The fire originated inside a first-floor hallway and was caused by an electric space heater. The fire damage was estimated at $10,000. The American Red Cross was called to provide emergency assistance to one displaced adult.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →