Follow Us On

Thursday’s New Castle Apartment Fire Ruled An Accident

DelDOT

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this afternoon’s building fire in New Castle, DE was accidental, according to Delaware State Fire Marshal Chief Deputy Robert Fox.

Fox said The Wilmington Manor fire Company was alerted to a fire at 1600 block of New Jersey Avenue, in the New Castle Crossing Apartment complex shortly before noon. Upon the arrival of the Fire Department, they found heavy fire conditions coming from the 1st floor of the building. Multiple units were called to the scene to assist.

Deputies from the State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene and determined that the fire originated in a first-floor apartment and was caused by unattended cooking.

Two people were treated at the scene but refused further medical treatment. The fire caused approximately 10,000 dollars in damage to the building.

This fire was originally dispatched as an apartment fire with possible entrapment.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →