Naamans Road House Fire Displaces Family Saturday, Damage $150,000

Jordan Parham

Investigators with the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office house say the house fire in Wilmington this afternoon was accidental in nature, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the Talleyville Fire Company was dispatched to the 2100 block of Naamans Road shortly after 2:00 pm for a report of a house on fire. When Talleyville firefighters arrived on the scene they observed smoke coming from the roof. Neighboring fire companies and the New Castle County Paramedics assisted at the scene. There were no reported injuries.

A deputy state fire marshal was sent to the scene to determine where and how the fire started. Investigators found faulty electrical wiring inside the attic of the home which sparked the blaze. Smoke alarms sounded inside the home. A family of five has been displaced by the fire. Heavy fire damage was estimated at $150,000.

Jordan Parham


Jordan Parham

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at

View all posts by Staff Writer →