Follow Us On

Saturday House Fire In Middletown Ruled Accidental

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this afternoon’s fire in Middletown, Delaware that heavily damaged a home was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the Volunteer Hose Company of Middletown responded to 9-1-1 calls reporting a house on fire around 12:30 pm in the unit block of Kirkcaldy Lane in the Estates at Saint Annes near Levels Road. Fire companies surrounding Middletown and the New Castle County Paramedics also responded to assist. First arriving units observed flames on the exterior of the house. All occupants escaped unharmed.

Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to conduct the origin and cause investigation. The fire started on the exterior of the home when discarded fireplace ashes ignited inside a trash container. The flames burned upward along the vinyl siding entering the home through a 2nd floor window.

Fire damage was estimated at $50,000. There were no reported injuries.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →