One Arrested and One Sought After Shooting in Harrington

Harrington  – January 1, 2017 – The Harrington Police Department arrested one and is still searching for one suspect in a shooting that occurred on New Year’s Day, according to Harrington Police.

Police said that patrol officers were called to the parking lot of Lake Forest South Elementary, on Sunday January 1, 2017 at approximately 3:58 pm,  for a report of shots fired. Police arrived and determined that an unknown suspect fired multiple rounds from and handgun striking the 17 year old victim in both legs, said police.

David Brown
David Brown

The victim was transported by ambulance to Milford Memorial Hospital and was later air lifted to Christiana Hospital for further treatment. The victim’s injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.

During the course of the investigation police determined that several subjects were playing football at WT Chipman when a group of other subjects arrived and confronted the subjects and a fight ensued, according to authorities.

Police said that as the fight broke up a subject fired a handgun multiple times at the group, wounding the juvenile. After firing the weapon, police say that the suspect then gave the gun to another suspect who discarded the weapon. The weapon has not been recovered.

Police said that the suspects fled in a vehicle. A description of the vehicle was broadcast and the vehicle was located by a Delaware State Trooper on Milford-Harrington in the area of John Char Estates.

Prior to the trooper stopping the vehicle the two suspects fled on foot from the vehicle, said police. When the vehicle was stopped the driver and other occupant were taken into custody and transported to the Harrington Police Department for questioning.  They were later released without charges.

During the course of the investigation police were able to identify the suspects at Trequon T. Seth 19, of the 1400 Block of Hopkins Avenue in Dover and David Brown 20, of the first block of North Prestwick Court in Dover.

Trequon T Seth
Trequon T Seth

Police said that they determined that Mr. Seth is the suspect who fired the weapon and Mr. Brown was the suspect who was given the gun and discarded it and both fled from the vehicle. During a search of the area police located Mr. Brown hiding in bushes at a residence on Old Airport Road and he was taken into custody, said police. Mr. Seth had still not been located as of January 1, 2017.

Mr. Brown was then transported to the Harrington Police Department for processing. Mr. Brown was charged with Assault First Degree, Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony, Reckless Endangering First Degree, Tampering with Physical Evidence, Resisting Arrest and Conspiracy Second Degree.

He was arraigned via video phone at Justice of the Peace Court 7 and he was committed to the Sussex Correctional Institute in default of $70,000 secured bond. Harrington Police have active warrants of file for Mr. Seth charging him with Assault First Degree and multiple other charges.

Anyone with information on the location of Mr. Seth is asked to contact the Harrington Police Department at 302-398-4493 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.

Image Credits: Milford Police