Newark – The Post is reporting that the Newark City Council will vote on the purchase of the University of Delaware’s Rodney dormitory on Monday.
The $2.1 million deal, which was signed by city and UD officials earlier this month, is contingent on city council’s approval. Council, which has held several closed-door discussions about the purchase in recent months, is scheduled to vote on the issue Monday night. Full Story
Other items on the agenda includes votes on:
- City Manager Carol Houck’s Salary – Houck recently received a 4-percent ($5,726) raise in April of 2016 which brought her annual salary up to $148,876.
- The next step in the debate over a downtown parking garage
- A three-story apartment building planned for 40 E. Cleveland Ave.
- Third-party rental inspections
- A ban on using cell phones while biking
- Salary increases for council members
- Increasing occupancy of an apartment building under construction on Center Street
The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Monday at city hall, 220 South Main Street in Newark.
Image Credits: City Of Newark