Texas Roadhouse Donating To Fire Companies After Restaurant Fire

Bear – On Monday, April 3, the Texas Roadhouse will honor the brave firefighters that saved the Texas Roadhouse in Bear, on March 17. The restaurant will be donating 15% of the total nightly sales to the following local fire companies: Christiana Fire Company, Aetna Hose Hook &Ladder company, Wilmington Manor Fire Company, Delaware City Fire Company and Goodwill Fire Company.

The more you eat the more they will give to these great local fire companies.

Original Story

Bear – At around 3:20 p.m. this afternoon, March 17, 2017, fire broke out at the Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse on Route 40 (Pulaski Highway) , in Bear.  The fire started in the kitchen area
according to an employee of the restaurant.

The employee said that the fire started in the kitchen which activated the fire suppression system.  Most of the fire was out when fire crews arrived on scene but part of the roof was still smoldering add the employee.

[espro-slider id=7299]

State Police and fire crews from several area fire companies responded and quickly brought the blaze under control. Around fifteen employees left the building in a hurry, many leaving their belongings inside as the fire crews brought the fire under control.

Fire crews had to punch a whole in the roof to get to the fire but for the most part the exterior of the building was intact.

The employees gathered outside were soon joined by coworkers that were showing up for their St. Patrick’s Day evening shift.

It’s not clear how badly the interior of the building or how long the popular steakhouse will be closed.

Christina Fire Company, New Castle County Paramedics, Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder, Wilmington Manor, Fire Police and State Police responded. Delmarva Powers was on scene to cut power to the building.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this afternoon’s fire in Bear, Delaware that heavily damaged a restaurant was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael G. Chionchio,

Chionchio said that Deputy fire marshals were called to investigate a fire inside the Texas Roadhouse located at 250 Buckley Boulevard, near Pulaski Highway, after firefighters extinguished a fire inside the occupied restaurant shortly after 3:30 pm.  

After conducting the origin and cause investigation, the fire was determined to have started inside the ventilation duct work above the kitchen.  Grease had ignited inside the duct work causing flame damage to the roof, said Chionchio. 

Fire damage was estimated at $80,000.  There were no reported injuries.  

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at [email protected]

View all posts by Staff Writer →