Manager Stabbed At Dollar General, Can You Identify These Two?

Wilmington – Delaware State Police are currently investigating an assault in which a male victim was stabbed that occurred at an area dollar store on Saturday, according to Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Jeffrey R. Hale.

Hale said the initial investigation has determined that the incident occurred at approximately 1:15 p.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2017, as a male employee of the Dollar General, located at 1402 E. Newport Pike, Wilmington, became involved in a confrontation with a male and female suspect after they were observed shoplifting from the store, according to Hale.

It was at this time that the store manager was summoned and responded to the front of the store. As the confrontation escalated, the manager stepped in between the store employee and the female suspect in order to keep them separated. Hale said the male suspect then produced a box cutter style knife and proceeded to stab the store manager in the arm. The male and female suspect then exited the store and were last seen fleeing eastbound on Maryland Avenue in a dark blue Nissan Sentra with tinted windows.

The victim was treated at the scene by EMS before being transported to the Christiana Hospital where he was treated for his non-life threatening injuries, said Hale.

The first suspect was described as a black female. She was 25-30 years of age, 5’04”- 5’06” tall, weighed approximately 140 lbs., and had black hair.

The second suspect was described as a black male. He was 40-45 years of age, 5’08”- 5’10” tall, and weighed 150-160 lbs. There is no further description of either suspect available.

If anyone has any information in reference to this incident or knows the identity of the pictured suspects, they are asked to contact Detective Amy Lloyd at Troop 2 at 302-365-8411. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at, or by sending an anonymous tip by text to 274637 (CRIMES) using the keyword “DSP.”

Image Credits: Delaware State Police