Follow Us On

Missing Man Found Dead, Seaford Man Charge With His Murder, Held On $2.5 M Bond

Moore / Delaware State Police
Moore / Delaware State Police

Seaford- The Delaware State Police Homicide Unit have arrested a suspect in connection with a 2017 homicide, according to Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe. The investigation was assisted by multiple DSP Units, Maryland State Police Homicide Unit, Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) Maryland, and the Delaware Division of Forensic Science

The investigation began on September 15, 2017 when the victim, 28-year-old Donnell Davis of Laurel was reported missing by his family members. It was determined that Davis’ last known whereabouts was at a residence in the 23000 block of Dove Road, Seaford, according to Jaffe. Troopers from DSP Troop 5 responded to the area after the disappearance was reported, where they searched the residence and surrounding area with negative results.

Jaffe said through further investigations it was learned that while at the residence on Dove Road, Davis engaged in a verbal argument with 47-year-old Michael C. Moore who resided at that location. During the argument, Moore displayed a handgun and shot Davis, according to Jaffe. After Davis was shot, he ran out of the residence where he later succumb to his injures and died, according to Jaffe. Davis’ body was later placed in a vehicle and transported to a wooded area in Federalsburg, MD, Jaffe said.

On February 27, 2018, a search was conducted with the assistance of the Maryland State Police at the location. Human remains were located in the woods on the east side of River Road, Federalsburg, MD. The remains were exhumed by Maryland authorities and were transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) in Baltimore, MD. A DNA analysis was conducted by the Delaware Division of Forensic Science in which the remains were identified as Davis.

On Friday, March 23, 2018, the Delaware State Police SORT team responded to Moore’s residence where he was taken into custody without incident. Moore was transported to Troop 4 where he was charged with Murder 1st and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony. He was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $2,500,000.00 cash only bond.


About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at

View all posts by Staff Writer →