ALDI Releases Statement Regarding This Morning Evacuation In Marshallton

Earlier this morning, the ALDI store located at 2205 Farrand Drive in Wilmington, was temporarily closed due to a high level of carbon monoxide detected, according to ALDI.
Officials said out of an abundance of caution, employees were evacuated and the local fire departments were called to address the situation.

“We are thankful to report there were no injuries. The investigation is complete and the store is now open.”

The safety of our employees, customers and the community are our highest priority, and we are thankful that there were no injuries reported.

We regret any inconvenience or concern this situation may have caused.

Breaking Report

Marshallton – Just before 8:00 this morning firefighters from the Mill Creek Fire Company responded to the Planet Fitness located at 2201 Farrand Drive for reports of gas leak.

Upon arrival, crews determined that the incident was actually occurring at the ALDI grocery store next door to the Planet Fitness. After entering the store command reported high levels of carbon monoxide.

Crews quickly evacuated the store and began a check of the Planet Fitness. Within minutes crews reported that Planet Fitness was clear and that the incident was isolated to the ALDI.

The on scene  commander advised that he would need two ambulances to respond to evaluate six people. Ambulance crews from the Cranston Heights and Belvedere Fire Companies were then dispatched to the scene to evaluate the patients for possible carbon monoxide exposure.

It’s unclear if any of the patients were transported to the hospital.

Just after 8:40 crews from the Elsmere Fire Company were dispatched to the scene to assist with ventilating the building.

The store opens at 9:00 am so it’s believed that no customers were in the store at the time of the incident.

Fire Marshals have responded to the scene.