Man Accused Of Raping Woman On DelTech Campus Has Been Arrested

The man accused of raping a woman at the Dover DelTech Campus on Sunday has been arrested in Maryland, according to Dover Police Spokesman M/Cpl. Mark Hoffman.

In a statesmen released today Hoffman said Isaac Pierce was arrested on Thursday, September 20th, 2018 by the United States Marshals Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force and the First State Fugitive Task Force.

He was found living out of his vehicle on a farm in Princess Anne County, Maryland, said Hoffman.

Pierce remains in custody the of Maryland officials until the conclusion of his pending extradition hearing.

Original Story

The Dover Police Department is seeking a suspect in the alleged rape of a female victim that occurred on Sunday morning, according to M/Cpl. Mark Hoffman, Public Information Officer.

Hoffman said Isaac Pierce, 33, is wanted by the Dover Police Department for the incident. Pierce was with the victim when they stopped in the area of the basketball courts at Delaware Technical and Community College (Terry Campus), according to Hoffman. At that time, Pierce physically assaulted the woman and eventually forced her to drive to a parking lot in the 600 Block of Ridgely Street, said Hoffman. While there, the suspect forced the victim to engage in sexual acts, strangled, and threatened the victim, added Hoffman.

The Dover Police Department said they were not disclosing the condition or the location where the victim is receiving medical treatment.

Pierce and the victim are known to each other, but their relationship is not being disclosed in order to protect the identity of the victim, said Hoffman.

Isaac Pierce is known to reside in the Dover area, but may also be in the State of Maryland at this time. Pierce is wanted on the following charges:
-Rape 1st (2 counts)
-Kidnap 2nd
-Assault 2nd
-Terroristic Threatening

First State Update received a message that the campus had alerted its students and was working to confirm the alert when Dover Police confirmed the incident moments ago.

We have confirmed that authorities sent the below alert to student’s phones and followed up with a phone call.