The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this morning’s house fire in Bear was accidental, according to Delaware State Fire Marshal Chief Deputy Robert Fox.
Fox said the Christiana Fire Company was alerted to a fire in the unit block of Chesapeake Drive, in the Caravel Farms neighborhood shortly after 1:00 am. Upon the arrival of the Fire Department, there was heavy fire and smoke coming from the residence. Multiple Fire Departments were called to the scene to assist.
Deputies from the State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene to conduct an investigation. Investigators determined that the fire originated in the engine compartment of a vehicle parked in the driveway and extended into the residence.
There were no injuries reported. The fire caused approximately $150,000 damage to the residence and the family of 3 were displaced and staying with relatives.