Joint Investigation Leads to Drug And Weapon Charges In Seaford

Seaford- The Delaware State Police Sussex Drug Unit (SDU) with the assistance of the Seaford Police Department, Sussex Governor’s Task Force (GTF) and the Special Operation Response Team (SORT) concluded a drug investigation with multiple arrests, according to Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe.

Jaffe said on July 9, 2019 members of the SDU concluded a month-long drug investigation in the matter of 40-year-old Charlie V. Riddick of Seaford. Through investigations, detectives learned that Riddick was using two residences in Seaford, one in the 800 block of Douglas Street and the other in the 800 block of Clementine Court to distribute illegal drugs, according to Jaffe.

Troopers obtained search warrants for both residences. Riddick was taken into custody at the residence on Clementine Court without incident where he was found in possession of ten 9mm rounds of ammunition, said Jaffe. During a search of this residence, a 9mm handgun was recovered. Riddick is a person prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition due to prior felony convictions, added Jaffe.

During the search of the residence in the 800 block of Douglas Street, detectives made contact with 31-year-old Isiah J. Major of Selbyville, DE . Through investigations, it was learned that marijuana was being distributed by Major and he was taken into custody without incident, according to Jaffe.

As a result of the search warrants at both locations, the following items were seized in total:

Arsenal SLR556 rifle
60 armor piercing 5.56 rounds
Glock 9mm Model 17 handgun
52 rounds of 9mm ammunition
Approximately 91.58 grams of marijuana
Over $800.00 in suspected drug proceeds
Both firearms were found to be reported stolen out of Millersville, Maryland.

Riddick was transported back to Troop 4 where he was charged with the following:

Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (4 counts)
Receiving a Stolen Firearm (2 counts)
Riddick was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $45,000.00 cash only bond.

Major was transported back to Troop 4 where he was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance. He was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and released on his own recognizance.