Citywide Pursuit Ends In Crash, Four Teens Arrested, One Facing Murder 1

Last night, Friday, May 13th officials updated their investigation into the May 5th shooting in the 1300 block of Anchorage Street.

Police said that 20-year-old Uquan Davis, who was hospitalized in critical condition since being shot at approximately 12:14 a.m. on that Thursday, had succumbed to his injuries.

Earlier on May 13 at approximately 1:12 p.m., police officers on patrol in the 800 block of East 4th Street observed a stolen vehicle occupied by four juvenile subjects. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle, which fled.

Police chased the vehicle throughout the city for an extended period of time. During the chase, the vehicle’s tires blew and it was running on its rims. It fled through a park and finally crashed at East 10th and North Spruce Streets.

The four juvenile suspects, two 17-year-olds and two 16-year-olds fled from the vehicle, and all four were taken into custody after foot pursuits. Police recovered two loaded .9mm handguns with extended magazines and a .22-caliber handgun.

One of the 17-year-old juveniles was identified as the suspect wanted in connection with the May 5 fatal shooting incident. He has been charged with the following offenses:

• Murder (1st Degree)

• Robbery (1st Degree)

• Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony (2 counts)

• Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (4 counts)

• Resisting Arrest

He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and committed to the New Castle County Detention Center of $1,300,000 cash-only bail.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at [email protected].

View all posts by Staff Writer →