Two Women Injured In Bear House Fire Tuesday

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this afternoon’s fire that injured two people in Bear was accidental according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the Christiana Fire Company responded to the unit block of Michael Lane in the Caravel Woods development shortly after 3:00 pm for a report of a house on fire. Two female occupants, ages 72 and 43, suffered smoke inhalation and were transported to the Christiana Hospital in stable condition.

Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to investigate the circumstances of this fire. The fire originated on the stove top when cooking materials ignited while heating. Fire damage was
estimated at $20,000. Smoke alarms inside the home were operational.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →