Delaware State Police have arrested 26-year-old Damiean Turner of East New Market, Maryland, for firearm and traffic-related offenses.
Officials said on February 26, 2023, at approximately 8:34 a.m., a trooper was dispatched to Seaford Road north of Morgan Branch Drive for a single motor vehicle accident. The investigation showed that a Chevrolet Equinox was traveling northbound on Seaford Road before it exited the east edge of the roadway and struck a guardrail according to police. Turner, who police say showed signs of impairment, was identified as the sole occupant and driver of the Equinox. A computer inquiry revealed that the vehicle was stolen from the Salisbury Police Department’s jurisdiction. Troopers searched the vehicle and found a loaded firearm and additional ammunition officials said. Turner was transported to an area hospital for non-life-threatening injuries from the motor vehicle accident. He was later charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 2 counts
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Receiving Stolen Property > $1500 (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence (Misdemeanor)
- Driving Under the Influence and other traffic-related offenses
Turner was arraigned by the Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on a $33,400 cash bond.