Accidental Fire Destroy’s Home In Bear

Subscribe

Bear – The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this morning’s fire that destroyed a Bear, Delaware house trailer was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael G. Chionchio.

Chionchio said the blaze, reported shortly after 1:00 am, Saturday, February 11, 2017, occurred in the 500 block of Vincent Lane in the Waterford Trailer Park. When the Christiana Fire Company arrived the trailer was engulfed by flames, according to Chionchio.

The fire originated in one of the bedrooms when an occupant was using a heat gun, to provide warmth to the room, accidentally ignited the fleece bed covering, said Chionchio.  The fire spread throughout the trailer causing two people to flee.

One occupant, a 76 year old male, was transported to the Saint Francis Hospital Emergency Room for observation after having his hair singed by the heat of the fire.

Heavy fire damage was estimated at $50,000. Two people have been displaced.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →