Follow Us On

Indoor Charcoal Grill Sends Family To Hospital, Multiple Rescue Crews Respond

Hollaway Fire Company Ambulance

Wilmington – On Wednesday March 15, 2017, at approximately 6:25 p.m.  New Castle County Paramedics, Good Will, Holloway Terrace, Minquadale, Minquas and Wilmington Manor Fire

Companies were dispatched to the 400 block of Morehouse Drive in the Dunleith area of Wilmington for report of carbon monoxide poisoning with multiple patients, according to New Castle County Paramedic Spokeswoman Class Yvonne Russell.

Russell said that upon arrival County Paramedics found four patients exposed to carbon monoxide due to a charcoal grill within the residence. One minor, a 13-year-old male, and three adults, 18 year old female, 30 year old female and a 67-year-old female were treated on scene for carbon monoxide inhalation injuries.

The patients were transported to Christiana Hospital via Holloway Terrace and Wilmington Manor Fire Company ambulances with County Paramedics. The patients were in stable condition at the time of transport.

New Castle County Police Department are investigating the accident.

Responding Agencies:
New Castle County EMS (Paramedics)
Good Will Fire Company
Holloway Terrace Fire Company
Minquadale Fire Company
Minquas Fire Company
Wilmington Manor Fire Company
New Castle County Police Department

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →