Fire At Newark Assisted Living Center

Newark – At approximately 2:29 p.m. this afternoon, Thursday May 5, Aetna Hose Hook & Ladder was dispatched to Brookdale White Chapel Assisted Living Community, on West Village Road in Newark,  for reports of a fire.

Witnesses at the scene indicated that smoke filled parts of the building after a small microwave fire.  Arriving fire crews quickly extinguish the fire. No injuries were evident.

 

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →