Man Charged In Six-Year-Old’s Shooting Released, Charges Dropped

Outlaw

Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki and Police Chief Robert Tracy said tonight the investigation to identify those responsible for last Tuesday’s shooting of a six-year-old Jashown Banner in a vehicle at the corner of 6th and Spruce Streets is continuing. The young boy remains in critical condition at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children.

Chief Tracy said the investigation, which is being conducted with the assistance of the Attorney General’s Office, has uncovered evidence leading to the dismissal of current charges against Chelsea Outlaw from Minquadale, who was arrested last week. The Chief said the investigation has developed new leads with other possible suspects. Tracy said all available leads and evidence are being actively pursued.

Citizens who have information about this case are asked to contact Wilmington Police Detective Devon Jones at 302-576-6206. Information may also be submitted through the Delaware Crime Stoppers Tip-Line at 1-800-TIP-3333, where information leading to an arrest may result in a monetary reward. Tips may also be texted to NIXLE at 888777.

 

 

Image Credits: Wilmington Police Department


Sign In For Unlimited Access

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and choose a subscription to continue reading.

Register


About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →