Eastern Shore Home Heavily Damaged By Fire. Started By Lawnmower

Chestertown, Md. – At 5:43 pm on Thursday members of the Chestertown Fire Department responded to the 300 block of River View Road for report of a home on fire.

Responding crews found the garage showing heavy fire and began to knock it down. 40 members of the fire department were able to bring the one alarm blaze under control after about 15 minutes.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said that a lawnmower ignited combustible recyclables situated next to the garage door. Ruled an accident, the blaze caused $120,000 in damage to the garage and its contents, according the the Fire Marshal.

How do you like the ad free look and feel? We'd like to keep it this way. If just a fraction of First State Update's readers pitched in a couple of bucks we would be set for a while. You can support First State Update for as little as $1.
Rather Support First State Update Monthly?
Monthly Supporter

Share your thoughts

comments