Family Pets Perish In Holloway Terrace Blaze, Five Residents Displaced

File

Holloway Terrace – The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this afternoon’s house fire in New Castle was accidental, according to Chief Deputy Delaware State Fire Marshal Robert Fox.

Fox said the Holloway Terrace Fire Company was alerted to a fire in the 400 block of Ninth Street, in Holloway Terrace shortly after 1:00 pm. Upon arrival of the Fire Department they found heavy smoke coming from the residence. Several other Fire Companies were called to assist.

Deputies from the State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene to conduct an investigation. The investigation revealed that the fire originated on the first floor utility room and was caused by an electrical malfunction.

No one was injured in the fire, although two or three pets perished. The fire caused approximately $20,000 in damages. The Red Cross of Delmarva responded to the scene to assist five occupants of the residence.

Breaking Report

Hollaway Terrace – Fire crews from the Hollaway Terrace Fire Company and surrounding companies are responding to the 400 block of 9th Street for reports of a house one fire.

Arriving units are reporting smoke showing with possibly one person trapped in the home.

Update: 11:50 Command has put the scene under control with crews working. No word on the possible trapped person. No injures reported.

Developing

If you have images of this fire you can submit them by messaging them to us via Facebook.

Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.