Newark – At approximately 7:15 this morning, Saturday January 6, 2017 firefighters from Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder and the Christina Fire Company, along with New Castle County Paramedics responded to the
unit block of Sunny Bend for reports of a house fire.
While en route, crews were alerted that a clothes dryer was on fire inside the home. Upon arrival responding units reported smoke showing from the exterior. Crews quickly made entry and searched the home for patients, with negative results.
Although the fire was quickly knocked down initial reports indicate that a woman that lives in the home may have been displaced. Authorities contacted Red Cross to assist the resident.
The outside temperature at the time of the fire was 7°. One person was evaluated for cold exposure at the scene but no serious injuries were reported.