Man Seriously Burned In House Fire, Flown To Burn Center

North East, Md. – Just after 5:00 pm on Sunday January 21, 2018, Firefighters from the North East Volunteer Fire Company, along crews from Elkton’s Singerly Fire Company responded to the 100 block of East Cecil Avenue for reports of a house fire.

Upon arrival, crews reported smoke showing and quickly began to attack the fire. Crews found one male resident suffering from burns to 10% of his body and began treatment.

58 firefighters spent about an hour battling the 2 alarm blaze, according to authorities. Fire Marshals estimated the damage to the home at $90,000.

State Fire Marshals said that the fire originated in the kitchen on top of the cooking range. Additional reports indicate that the man may have been burned when grease caught fire.

The patient was flown to Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore, by Trooper 1 (Maryland State Police Aviation).

 

 

Your support helps us gather stories like this. Donate Today!
Rather Support First State Update Monthly?
Monthly Supporter

Share your thoughts

comments