This afternoon, at 2:20 hours, New Castle County Paramedics and personnel from the Minquas, Elsmere, and Five Points Fire Companies were dispatched to the 1600 block of Temple Terrace, for an electrocution, according to Paramedic Senior Corporal David McKinney, Jr.
McKinney said arriving County Paramedics found a 33-year-old man who was electrocuted while working. When County Paramedics reached the patient, he was found to be in cardiac arrest, as well as suffering from electrical burn injuries. The patient was treated on scene and transported to the Emergency Department at Christiana Hospital on board an ambulance from the Minquas Fire Company, accompanied by New Castle County Paramedics. The patient was in critical condition at the time of the transport.
The New Castle County Police are on scene and are investigating the incident.