Flash Fire Sends Cecil County Teen To Burn Center By Air, Burned Over 55% Of His Body

File

Rising Sun –  A Cecil County, Maryland teenager is hospitalized after being severely burned on Sunday.

Just before 6:30 last evening, March 10, 2019, rescue crews from the Rising Sun Volunteer Fire Company responded to the 1100 block of Telegraph Road in Rising Sun for reports that someone was injured by fire.

Upon their arrival, crews found a 16-year-old male suffering from 2nd-degree burns over 55% of his body. The patient was treated at the scene before being transported by Maryland State Police, Trooper 1, to John Hopkins Bayview Burn Center.

Investigators with the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said that the teen was injured by a flash fire when gasoline was introduced to an outdoor bonfire.

 

Officials did not release the condition of the teen.

 

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →