Two Hospitalized After Lamp Cord Ignites Bed In Claymont Heights

File
Additional details may be available in the Facebook Fan Group or on the Supporter News Page.

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that this morning’s house fire in Claymont, Delaware that injured two occupants was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the fire was reported through the 9-1-1 Center shortly before 1:30 am in the 300 block of Harvey Road in Claymont Heights. The Claymont Fire Company responded to the fire. Two occupants, a 53-year-old female and a 97-year-old female, suffered smoke inhalation and were transported to the Wilmington Hospital in good condition by the Claymont Emergency Medical Services and New Castle County paramedics.

The fire originated inside a bedroom when an electrical power cord to a lamp failed and ignited bedding. Heavy fire damage was estimated at $15,000. Smoke alarms inside the home activated alerting the residents to the fire.

Facebook Comments

Sign In For Unlimited Access

Please Log in, or sign up for a new account below to continue reading.

Register

Support Us On Facebook

Facebook Supporter


About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →