Rescuers Get Rescued When Emergency Veterinary Hospital Catches Fire On Monday

Subscribe

The roles were reversed when a New Castle veterinary clinic caught fire on Monday morning.

The Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware, often the place where pets injured in a fire end up, found itself in need of rescue when a fire broke out shortly after 11:00.

The Wilmington Manor Fire Company, along with surrounding companies, alerted to a fire at the Churchmans Road clinic, found smoke showing from the roof in the rear of the building upon their arrival.

Crews quickly brought the first-floor laundry room dryer vent fire under control, limiting the damage to approximately $10,000 dollars, according to Delaware State Fire Marshal Chief Deputy Robert Fox.

One employee, injured in the fire, was treated for minor injuries and released from the hospital.

Fox said that investigators have determined that the fire was accidental and that no animals were injured in the fire.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →