Just In: Saturday Morning House Fire Displaces Two

File

Subscribe

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that this morning’s fire that damaged an Odessa, Delaware house was accidental, according to Michael Chionchio, Assistant State Fire Marshal.

Chionchio said the blaze, reported shortly before 1:30 am, occurred in the 100 block of Front Street. The Odessa Fire Company arrived on the scene with flames shooting through the roof.

Deputy fire marshals responded to the working alarm and determined that the fire originated inside the chimney to a fireplace and escaped into the roof due to a fault in the chimney/fireplace assembly. Two occupants, one adult and one juvenile have been displaced.

Chionchio said mutual aid fire companies assisted Odessa with the fire operations on scene.

Heavy fire damage was estimated at $300,000. There were no reported injuries.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →