Officials Say New Castle House Fire Was Caused By Fireworks

Subscribe

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that last night’s house fire in New Castle, Delaware was caused by fireworks, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael. Chionchio.

Chionchio said the blaze, reported around 11:30 pm, occurred in the 100 block of Malcolm Forest Road in the Bayview Manor development. The Good Will Fire Company responded to the fire with mutual aid from area fire companies.

State fire investigators were called to the scene and determined that the fire originated on the exterior of the dwelling when fireworks being set-off ignited landscaping, according to Chionchio. Flames spread into the house causing approximately $5,000 in damage. There were no reported injuries.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →