Follow Us On

Officials: Wilmington Manor House Fire Caused By Malfunctioning Wood-Burning Stove

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this morning’s house fire in Wilmington Manor was accidental, according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox.

Fox said the Wilmington Manor Fire Company responded to the unit block of Thelm Road, in the Chelsea Estates Neighborhood, shortly after 3:00 this morning for reports of a house fire.

Upon arrival firefighters found smoke and fire coming from the residence. Multiple Fire Departments were dispatched to assist.

Deputies from The State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene to conduct an investigation. It was determined that the fire originated on the first floor and was caused by a
malfunction of a wood-burning stove.

Damage was extensive and estimated at $75,000. No injuries were reported.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →