Update: 13-Year-Old Charged In Bancroft School Stabbing, Released On Unsecured Bond

Wilmington Police have updated a story that only FSU you brought you earlier this week.

Wilmington Police said they have arrested and charged a juvenile following an assault on Monday.

Authorities said on December 6 at approximately 2:11 p.m., a police officer in the 700 block of Lombard Street, The Bancroft School. located a 14-year-old boy suffering from a puncture wound. The victim was transported to the hospital in stable condition.

The police officer located and immediately took the suspect, a 13-year-old boy, into custody without incident and recovered two knives.

Police did not say if the incident occurred inside the school or if the two teens were students at the school.

The 13-year-old juvenile has been charged with the following offenses:

Assault (First Degree)
Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony (Two Counts)
Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Two Counts)

He was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court 11 and released on $3,200 unsecured bail.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →