Update On This Mornings House Fire In Clayton

The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal has determined that this morning’s fire that heavily damaged a Clayton house trailer was accidental., according to Michael Chionchio Assistant State Fire Marshal.

Marshal said the blaze, reported shortly before 8:30 am, occurred at a residence in the 1900 block of Blackiston Church Road near Millington Road. The Clayton Fire Company arrived on the scene with smoke coming from the home.

State fire investigators were called to the scene. The fire started due to an electrical failure with electrical wiring in the residence. A smoke alarm detected the fire and alerted the occupants. Everyone was able to flee from the home without injury.

Heavy fire damage was estimated at $50,000. The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced family, consisting of three adults and one child.  No injuries were reported.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →