Four Displaced After Tuesday Night House Fire In Bear

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that last evening’s fire in Bear that heavily damaged an occupied house was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the blaze, reported shortly after 8:00 pm, occurred in the unit block of Chandler Circle in the development of Buckley near the Pulaski Highway. The Christiana Fire Company arrived on the scene with flames engulfing the rear of the house.

Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to conduct the fire investigation. Chionchio said the fire originated on the rear exterior deck. Discarded cigarettes ignited materials on the deck causing the fire.

Heavy fire damage was estimated at $150,000. There were no reported injuries. Two adults and two juveniles were displaced. The American Red Cross is providing emergency assistance.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →