Home Invasion Suspects Arrested

Millville– The Delaware State Police Major Crimes Unit has arrested two people involved in an early Thursday morning home invasion near Millville, according to Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary Fournier.

Lauren MeltonFournier said that on Thursday October 20, 2016 around 1:00 a.m.  a 64-year old male victim and a 19-year-old female acquaintance were sleeping in his bed and were suddenly awoken by four suspects in the room.

The male victim was then assaulted by the suspects and then tied up before they placed a blanket over his head, said Fournier.  The female initially reported that she was covered with a blanket and dragged into the kitchen where she was left alone, according to Fournier.

The suspects then removed numerous laptops and cell phones from the male victim and fled the house, said Fournier.  The male victim was eventually able to get free from his restraints and call 9-1-1.  He was transported to an area hospital by EMS where he was admitted with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

Stephen WheelerFurther investigation allegedly revealed the female acquaintance, who was identified as Lauren Melton, 19 of Millville, had pre-arranged for the robbery to occurred and had been in contact with one of the suspects, who was identified as Stephen Wheeler, 22 of Dover, via text messages before and after the home invasion.

Lauren Melton was transported back to Troop 4 where she was arrested for Home Invasion, Robbery 2nd, Assault 2nd, and Conspiracy 2nd.  She was arraigned at JP2 and committed to Delores J. Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution on $50,000.00 cash bond.

Later that day, Stephen Wheeler was located by detectives at his residence in the 4000 block of Peachtree Run, Dover, and was taken into custody and charged with Home Invasion, Robbery 2nd, Assault 2nd, and Conspiracy 2nd.  He was arraigned at JP2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $66,000.00 cash bond.

Other suspects involved in the incident have yet to be identified and the investigation is on-going by detectives, according to police.