A family that lost their home just before Christmas is trying to get back on their feet.
Just two days before Christmas the Troyer family escaped a fire that ripped through their home in the Murray Manor Trailer Park. The fire ruled accidental by the Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal heavily damaged the home and ultimately displaced three adults and two children.
State fire investigators said that the fire began on the exterior of the house trailer when a bag containing fireplace ash ignited.
After we first reported the fire, several of our readers asked if we could get them in contact with the family. They wanted to provide Christmas gifts for the children. We were able to place those readers in contact with the family and the children received the gifts in time to open them on Christmas Day.
Now that the holidays are over the family, who is staying in a hotel, is trying to come up enough money to repair their home. The family did not have insurance but they’re hoping to raise $7,500 with a GoFundMe page that has already received over $1,200. The damage to the home was estimated at $10,000 by investigators.