Fire Causes $50,000 Damage To New Castle Home

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that this afternoons house fire in New Castle, DE was accidental, according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Fox.

Fox said the Goodwill Fire Company was alerted to the fire in the 600 block of Clymer Street, in the Dobinsville neighborhood, shortly after 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Fire apparatus arrived with heavy fire and smoke coming from the rear of the residence.

State Fire Investigators were called to the scene and conducted an investigation and determined that the fire originated in the kitchen of the residence and was caused by combustibles on the stove top igniting.

The fire heavily damaged the residence and caused an estimated $50,000 in damages. No people were injured in the fire. The Red Cross of Delmarva was notified to assist 4 victims of the fire

Breaking Report

New Castle – Firefighters from across New Castle County have responded to the 600 block of Clymer Street for a house fire.

Upon arrival, crews are reporting smoke showing.

Crews have entered the structure to search for a dog that is reportedly inside the home.

Update: Crews have located the dog. Crews have removed the pet from the home and are providing medical treatment.

Update: Fire in the back room.

Update: Crews continue working to knock the fire down.