Police Release Video Of Salem Woods Shooting, Identify Victim Killed

NCCPD

During the early morning hours of June 27th, patrol officers from the New Castle County Division of Police were dispatched to the area of Louis Court, in the community of Salem Woods for the report of shots being fired, officials said Wednesday.

Authorities said this incident occurred after a small party that was taking place at a residence on the street was interrupted by several uninvited guests. When officers arrived, they discovered a chaotic scene where three victims had been shot.

The officers and paramedics administered First-Aid to the victims, however, 22-year-old, Aaron Moore was pronounced dead at a local hospital shortly after being transported. A second victim, a 17-year-old male, was struck by gunfire multiple times and was transported to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition. The third victim, a 19-year-old male, was also transported to a local hospital with a gunshot wound and was also listed in stable condition.

“The New Castle County Division of Police sends our deepest condolences to the family.” said Colonel Vaughn M. Bond, Jr., “We will do our best to identify those responsible for the death of your love one. Remember the police can’t do it alone. We need those who witnessed this murder to work with us in our efforts to help this grieving family.”

The investigation has revealed that there were multiple subjects firing weapons during this incident. Detectives have learned there were dozens of witnesses to the shooting and believe several witnesses may possess cell phone video of the incident. Detectives have also learned that a white sedan with a black stripe that fled the scene may have been struck by gunfire and sustained front-end damage during the shooting, according to police.

Additionally, Detectives have learned several of the uninvited subjects at the party which resulted in this shooting had attended a party in the nearby community of Buckley just before the shooting occurred.

Detectives are asking anyone that possesses any such video, anyone that has information about this incident, the party-goers at either party, or information about the white sedan which fled the scene to contact detective McNasby at 302-395-8110 or by email, Michael.McNasby@newcastlede.gov.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →