Resident And Dog Escape Delaware City House Fire Sunday

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that Sunday morning’s fire that heavily damaged a Delaware City house was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the Delaware City Fire Company responded to the 100 block of Warfel Drive in the Harbor Estates development shortly before 9:00 am when neighbors reported smoke coming from the house.
Firefighters encountered an active fire inside the house. The homeowner and canine escaped unharmed.

Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to investigate. The fire originated on the first floor when a branch circuit electrical wire malfunctioned sparking the blaze causing an estimated $10,000 in damage.

The smoke alarms did operate inside the home said Chionchio. The American Red Cross has responded to the scene to provide emergency assistance to one displaced adult and
canine.

About Staff Writer

First State Update's Delaware editorial team covers New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County breaking news, political news, and general news stories. We bring the reader the latest news from the Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Rehoboth Beach and all point in between. If you have news to share, email us at desk@firststateupdate.com.

View all posts by Staff Writer →