The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that Sunday morning’s fire that heavily damaged a Delaware City house was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.
Chionchio said the Delaware City Fire Company responded to the 100 block of Warfel Drive in the Harbor Estates development shortly before 9:00 am when neighbors reported smoke coming from the house.
Firefighters encountered an active fire inside the house. The homeowner and canine escaped unharmed.
Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to investigate. The fire originated on the first floor when a branch circuit electrical wire malfunctioned sparking the blaze causing an estimated $10,000 in damage.
The smoke alarms did operate inside the home said Chionchio. The American Red Cross has responded to the scene to provide emergency assistance to one displaced adult and