Thursday House Fire Injures One, Caused $100K In Damage

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has ruled that yesterday’s fire that heavily damaged a New Castle house was accidental, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio.

Chionchio said the Holloway Terrace Fire Company responded, just before 1:00 pm, to 9-1-1 calls reporting a house on fire in the unit block of Parker Place inside the Simonds Gardens development off Lambson Lane.

Firefighters encountered smoke pouring from the one-story home. The occupants were able to escape from the burning house however one male occupant, age 62, sustained burns. He was medically
evaluated at the scene by New Castle County paramedics and sought follow-up medical care on his own said Chionchio.

State fire investigators were called to the scene to investigate the fire. The fire began inside the attic due to faulty electrical wiring. Household items stored in the attic started to burn.

Three adults and two children were displaced. The American Red Cross was called to provide emergency assistance.
Fire damage was estimated at $100,000.