Just before 10:25, Sunday morning firefighters for the Christiana Fire Company along with surrounding companies responded to the 100 block of Wedgefield Drive in New Castle for reports of a residential structure fire.
While en route crews learned that a dryer inside the home was on fire and that everyone was out of the home. First arriving reported that smoke was coming from the eaves and began their attack on the fire.
Initial reports from the scene indicate that the fire did extend to the home, however, the fire was contained quickly and the incident was placed under control at 10:46.
No injuries were reported.