Friday Morning House Fire Was An Accident


The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that the house fire in Wilmington this morning was accidental.

Chief Deputy Robert Fox of the Delaware State Fire Marshal said that the fire, which broke out around 2 AM, originated on the second-floor deck of a residence on the unit block of Ashley Place. The fire was caused by discarded smoking materials.

The Five Points Fire Company responded to the scene and found smoke and flames coming from the deck. The residents were alerted by smoke detectors in the apartment, and no injuries were reported. The estimated damage from the fire is around $7,500.