Firefighters Respond To Reports Of Gas Leak At All Saints Catholic School In Elsmere

Elsmere – Just after 8:45 this morning firefighters with the Elsmere Fire Company, along with crews from several other fire companies responded to All Saints Catholic School in the 900 block of New Road for reports of a gas leak.

Upon arrival, crews reported that the school had been completely evacuated and began an investigation into an odor of gas. Crews quickly narrowed the search to an are of the school that smelled like gasoline.

After further investigation, crews determined that the smell was coming from a small gasoline spill in an adjoining maintenance building. Crews cleaned up the spill and wrapped up the incident within about thirty minutes.

No injuries were reported.

Your support helps us gather stories like this. Donate Today!
Rather Support First State Update Monthly?
Monthly Supporter

Share your thoughts